Hola! I made it… I made it to the start line, I made it to the finish line and I made it home. The RnR Las vegas half Marathon is done! I consider it a success that I had it together enough to accomplish all that – the benefit is that it was a BLAST.
Here are the top 10 reasons to run RnR Las vegas half Marathon…
1. This is the only race I can get my friends to come to because you know, it’s vegas baby!
Mes nouvelles vidéos
Le podcast récapitule du 6 août
And here’s a new video with a quick recap of 3 podcasts I listened to yesterday.
The drama Club – April 2018 episode about Monica Lewinsky and July 2018 episode about Conan O’Brien and duchess of York Fergie. interesting stuff!
The morning toast Podcast – Today’s episode about hot topics including the E! news announcement that the show will be completely cancelled (the times have been switched up a bit lately, but now it’s over).
Juicy scoop with Heather McDonald – interview with Captain Sandy from below Deck Mediterranean
Plus de vidéos
0 seconds of 7 minutes, 26 seconds
Ce que je mange en une journée – édition du coureur
2. You can stay limber with some pre-race cardio.
3. The weather is the opposite of humid. good for running, bad for keeping my hair curled…
4. Pre-race carb game is strong.
5. So much access to adult beverages to help ya forget you have to run 13.1 miles at 4:30pm in the afternoon.
I guess tequila brings out the animal in me?
6. location location location. This course can’t be beat!
7. tons of stores so it’s no big if you forget something.
It was FREEZING so I went shopping for some warmer gear to wear for the race. I grabbed this vegas beanie…
And considered this pizza / hot canine one-sie, but was vetoed by my peeps.
(I know what you’re thinking… yes, I was a weirdo barefoot in H&M. #dontjudge)
In case you’re also thinking, I DO need AN adult ONESIE!!!
Red Plaid adult Onesie or Leopard footie PJs – You’re welcome.
8. people you meet at 4am during a game of corn hole will be really amazed you are going to run 13 miles the next day. They might even throw the game because they know you’re not going to win the race and winning corn hole is the next best thing…
9. You can get married in the middle of the race!!! ideally to someone you already know…
10. It’s kinda like Run, Eat, Repeat but betta.
Now for some race details…
Pre-race fuel – breakfast-y foods. Running an afternoon race is hard to navigate with fuel. I try to keep it to what I’m used to and hydrate well.
I ended up wearing the beanie and found a “I can sleep when I leave Vegas” tee for my toss gear.
I was stalling heading to the start line because I didn’t want to hang out in the cold. I made it barely barely in time.
Note the teddy bear man below…
The course starts on the strip toward the south end and you run all the way to downtown and back down the strip.
My hydration was all off because I’m not used to late races and I had to stop and pee around Mile 5. I don’t like doing that, but it’s better than peeing your pants and/or suffering the whole time.
RnR Las vegas half 1:55: 45 done and done.
Post race victory lap.
And then it was time to leave Las Vegas… I was sad but needed some sleep!! overall it was an epic weekend, very fun race and everything I could have imagined for a vegas trip with my peeps!
Question: Where is your pleased place?
Envoyez-moi le classeur
Partager c’est aimer!